Saturday, January 2, 2016

What is this anyway?

Well this is going to be a place I put pictures of what I'm painting to try and keep me interested in getting some of the models I have sitting around painted at last I guess. Nothing fancy here so if your looking for professional quality painted models it isn't here. I aren't a terrible painter but I'm not that good either so its gonna be table top quality and models that I want to paint....What got me interested in getting this done was deciding to get back into table-top gaming when I could and to paint a gaming model again as I hadn't had a chance to do anything like that for the last three or four years.

That was in December 2015..I painted up the start of my Colette Malifaux Crew I had sitting around. After I started I began to think that maybe I should of chosen a slightly less difficult model to paint for my first model in years but stuck at it. Malifaux was the game I wanted to look at playing to get over finding out GW had turned WHFB into a skirmish game. Hold on GW what about Mordheim?? You already had an awesome skirmish game and gave up on it?!?!

Malifaux was something I wanted play some years back but never really did. I had a demo game of the new Malifaux and was hooked, this was the game, this was fun..After the demo game I had a game with my partially painted Colette Crew and the week before Christmas I finished painting the rest of my Malfaux 1.5 box. On Christmas Day I painted up my Coryphee and wished my second box was already here so I could of painted the Duet at the same time. Boxing Day came and I was looking through some of my models and found a few Reaper Familiars that I quickly painted up to use as proxy Clockwork Doves until I get the real ones.


Then the days between Christmas and New Years 2016 my M2E Starter Box arrived...so was time to open it up and look at the new shiny toys :) The Guild models in the box looked as if they where begging to be blonde haired blue eyed dark coat wearing psycho doctors so where the first on my list to do so everything got glued together and primed the next day. Today, New Years Day it was raining and it stopped me doing much outside so what better excuse to use to paint the Guild Starter Models. 

The two Orderlies....



Nurse Heartsbane....


Dr Gimwell and his red Guild tie....



The Neverborn have me a little concerned and I'm not sure they will turn out  how I see them in my head and I'm thinking if I'll darken the cloaks up a bit to be more grey than the whitish grey they are on the Guild models. 

No comments:

Post a Comment